In a Vase on Monday-Go Big or Go Home

 When the arrangement is as big as the lamp..


Not a hotel lobby arrangement but still, much bigger than my usual ....It bothered me that the lamp and the flowers were so similar in size , so I moved this vase elsewhere.


 My experiment this week was the Cotinus. Never used in a vase -for some reason I assumed it would not hold up. Where do these ideas come from ? So far it is holding it's own .


 The vase is Bauer , a  chartreuse high gloss probably from the 1950's. It's 12 inches tall so I can ony use it if I have very long stemmed ingredients. I also have the 8" version of this vase.


 Our thanks to Cathy at Rambling in the Garden for this weekly vase fest !

Comments

  1. Gorgeous vase and a real abundance of blooms filling it - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Good to know about the Cotinus; I've always assumed the same thing about it. I love the cooling white phlox in this arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have to say that I made this arrangement Saturday am and today, Monday two of the Cotinus stems look like hell and the other one has tell-tale signs ! I have so much of it I could just replace them in the morning !

      Delete
  3. For me Cotinus is hit and miss. Sometimes it holds up beautifully, others it flops as soon as I cut it. Love the tall arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See my reply above to Peter. Success was short-lived !

      Delete
  4. Big vases are always dramatic and this one is no exception. I love the cool white and blue combination and those Bauer vases never cease to impress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever use this vase because I rarely have anything with long enough stems !

      Delete
  5. Incredible arrangement / vase, and quite the impact even though it's so soft. That chartreuse doesn't hurt on the vase itself. It's time to scavenge the yard and neighboring property and try out something here, since the monsoon season has started.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Arty Garden