This Weeks Favorite

 It's a challenge to come up with a favorite during the late summer garden-exhaustion period. The post-office WALAT (Walking Around Looking At Things) yields a laundry list of potential fall garden demolition projects. I'm going to be busy in October.

 So, my favorite plant this week is the new Restio I brought home yesterday, Ischyrolepis subverticillata.



 Hardy to 20-25 degrees, I am pushing the envelope with this one; but thanks to an employee discount This one gallon plant only cost me 6 bucks, and I expect I will have gotten at least 10 bucks worth of enjoyment out of it this fall even if it bites the dust this winter. Hell, you can't even buy a beer at the ballgame for 6 bucks, and that only lasts a half an hour-give or take 15 minutes.


Check out the fave plant action over at The Danger Garden...

Comments

  1. I'm having a hard time coming up with a favorite this week too. Everything in my garden is looking kind of tired. With closeups, it's easy to crop out the brown parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call this pre-fall. Fall is when all is forgiven because the brown stuff starts to look good. I prefer it to winter mud.

      Delete
  2. Not only does it look good it is so tactile as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! From now on I'm going compare plant cost to a bottle of wine and decide which will last longer. Oh and I love your restio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine is an excellent justification tool. An 80 dollar 5gallon bamboo will definitely last longer than an 80 dollar case of wine. And longer than 2 40 dollar tanks of gas.

      Delete
  4. Very fab restio, haven't seen that one. Want, naturally...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Arty Garden