In a Vase on Monday-Saturday Edition

 It will always be a Saturday edition in reality-I've been cutting boquets for my house every Saturday morning for as long as I can remember, so why it took me so long to set sail on the VOM meme is anyones guess. I also have a vase collection habit. So here is my inaugural post, and hopefully I can at least manage to participate a couple times a month.


  There is plenty of inventory in the garden right now. Included with the roses are Watsonia, Orlaya, Achillea 'Moonshine' , a few sprigs of Eucalyptus 'Moon Lagoon' and a bit of Callistemon 'Tom Thumb' that hangs over a low wall from my neighbors yard. The vase is a vintage Bauer pillow vase .



 The white rose is Bolero , an impulse buy several years ago that I have never regretted , and the yellow is Molineaux , a David Austin rose that outperforms just about any other in my garden-but not in vase life. I will expect to see a puddle of petals on the table within a couple of days.


 And who doesn't love Sideritas cypria ?


 Be sure to stop by Rambling In The Garden for more vases to enjoy.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful vase and practice.....I love the roses especially Molineaux. I don't have a day I cut flowers but when the whim hits me during the week. A wonderful inaugural vase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! Saturday is my day because I'm home from work and at my leisure . I can enjoy it at it's freshest before heading back to the office on Monday !

      Delete
  2. A stunning inaugural arrangement. Molineaux is gorgeous and would even make a nice pile of petals. Looking forward to seeing more of your blooms and vases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still hanging on Peter ! 3 whole days ...

      Delete
  3. Damn girl, you can put together a gorgeous vase! I look forward to seeing more of your stylings and your vase collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to start buying plants that have VOM potential. I'm glad you likes it-you've set the bar pretty high around these parts!

      Delete
  4. Mitch is addicted to those Bauer pillow vases! Love the green one. Very nice "inventory"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own 4 Bauer pillows and I check ebay frequently for more. They are amoung my most frequently used .

      Delete
  5. Yay, you've joined IaVoM at last! I love the yellow David Austin rose. The buds on my 2 David Austin's incinerated during a heatwave while we were in Austin but I hope they'll come through in the long haul. For reasons I can't explain, I've no Watsonias in my current garden even though I grew them in the smaller space of my old garden and I now actually have the space to do right by them - I must remedy that omission in the coming year. As to the Sideritis, I included some in my own vase this week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incinerated roses are so demoralizing. They seem to handle the heat better later in summer after they've 'hardened off'.

      Delete
  6. I recognized that rose as one of David Austin's right away! :D Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by and commenting. I love my Austin roses though I have fewer that I used to at the height of my rose collection frenzy !

      Delete
  7. Oh well done on your longstanding Saturday habit - starting the meme was the result of me trying to get into the habit and it certainly did the trick. It wouldn't be Monday without IAVOM! I love the shape and colour of your vase (I don't know 'Bauer' vases) and your blooms and foliage pick out the shade of it perfectly, making for a very stylish result. Thanks for joining us and please do come again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, Bauer is a vintage pottery line associated with Los Angeles in mid-century. Los Angeles is my hometown so I started collecting in the 70's -of course it's gotten progressively harder to find and pricier ! Thank you fro the welcome and I hope to post as often as I am able.

      Delete
  8. Thank you. I appreciate you giving the cultivar names. It helps me plan my next move.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Over the Top