Blooms in June-Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

 There is  a lot going on in the bloom department this month; even though the roses are just not quite there for the next big flush, it's seems as though everything else is in a happy bloom place. Check out the flowers across the world over at May Dreams , the home of this monthly display of floral excellence.

 I love my Allium sphaerocephalon.



I've reduced the daylily population in a big way here, and kept only those I really like. To combat the ratty post bloom foliage I cut them down to the ground when they finish. The new clean leaves are less objectionable, at least for a while ! 




Sanguisorba 'Chocolate Tips'


I had to include a photo of a miraculous sight: a non-flopping Shasta Daisy .


Lily season is open ..this is 'Silver Angels'




The famous Digiplexis 'Illumination Flame' . I have to say , this plant gets a gold star for clean foliage, heat resistance, strong stems and bloom period. It shows no sign of slowing down.


Verbascum 'Dark Mullien'


Eryngium 'Jade Frost'...2nd try, the last batch reverted and then passed on.


Sideritis cypria.


Artichoke..


 This 'Amaranthus' is mighty puny so far. I was expecting a statuesque 4 footer , and don't even have a 1 footer yet.


One of the numerous ornamental Oreganos I have here.


Gomphrena 'Fireworks' .


 Happy Bloom Day to all !

Comments

  1. Sideritis cypria was a new one for me, I see it's only hardy to Zone 9, ah well...the Sanguisorba 'Chocolate Tips' is a possibility!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sanguisorbas are impossible to find down here Loree--except for Digging Dog. When I come to the PNW I always look for them-got one of my faves at Far Reaches, and another at Bainbridge Island Nursery. I have high expectations for July !

      Delete
  2. Fabulous selection you have there! Must try an Illumination Pink and I'm craving for some Chocolate Tips now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leave some space in your suitcase next month !

      Delete
  3. What a lovely selection of summer blooms! I have never seen Sideritis before but I will look out for it now, I can' t resist green flowers.
    Lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloris, I got my Sideritis at Annies Annuals ..not sure where you are , but they mail order.

      Delete
  4. My Amaranthus are quite puny too. I was expecting them to be really tall. You've got some lovely blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone elses are tall Alison...whats wrong with us ???

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your Sideritis cypria! Never seen it before, but I'm hooked! So many cool plants in your garden... that green lily is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sideritis is from Annies flutter.. I enjoyed visiting your blog and will add to my list here..I don't have specific information right at the moment, but a few of my gardening friends in New England grow an ornamental peach similar to the specimen you posted about, except it has bronze foliage. Quite splendid...

      Delete
  7. It's all very lovely Kathy! Wish I could grow that digiplexis. Looks like a fabu plant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos and flowers. I cut my daylily foliage down too. I've only got a few varieties as well. Like your other commenters, the Sideritis is new to me and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We jumped on board the Digiplexis bandwagon at work and bought a tray of 66 plugs. They all survived and thrived, no insect or disease issues, but only one is blooming, a few buds on others and rich foliage on the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing your artichoke reminded me of the first time I ever saw an artichoke plant growing. Being from the midwest, the only artichoke I had ever seen was in a Cara mia Jar. When I stopped and asked a farmer if I could go out in the field and take pictuers, he sort of smiled and sort of said yes. Probably close to my reaction if some one wanted to take pictures of corn in my garden.
    Anyway, I like your photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Arty Garden