June Blooms-Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

 Hard to drag oneself indoors this time of year , especially on a busy weekend when prepping the garden for the absense of the gardener; Idyllunion 10 followed by Fling..I'll be coast to coast garden touring in a few days.

  I am loving my cool pink Sanguisorba, an un-named seedlimg that I acquired last summer at Far Reaches Farm in Port Townsend Wa.



I took a photo of this momentarily majestic Shasta Daisy, since I am expecting the annual flop fiesta to commence any day now.



An tagless ornamental Oregano, just opening.



Caryopteris 'Summer Sorbet' . Love this plant and wish it was a bit more vigorous in my garden.



Eucomis 'Tugela Ruby'


I 'm extremely partial to this swamp Verbena , Verbena hastata, another Washington state nursery find.


Lilies are budded up and starting to open .


Phygelius 'Moonraker' . It wanders a bit, but can be kept in bounds if I'm vigilant. There are several newer yellow varieties that I might try ;back in the day when I bought this there were only a handful of Phygelius in any color.



I believe this to be Stachys hummelo , it came from our local 'no-tag' nursery. Although it allegedly wanders I have seen no sign of such behavior here.



 Be sure to visit May Dreams Garden to sample the blooming wares of gardeners around the globe..Happy Bloomday !

Comments

  1. I love the Caryopteris with the yarrow - I'd like to duplicate that in my own garden but I've yet to be successful growing Caryopteris. Some of your plants, notably the Eucomis and the lilies are way ahead of mine, but then NoCal and SoCal are different worlds when it comes to gardening. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed Kris, and I'm not sure what the secret to Caryopteris is, I've had limited success.I'll keep trying though !

      Delete
  2. But how is it that you've got a Eucomis blooming already???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit surprised myself Loree, although the green one I have in the container with these others shows no signs.The mysteries of gardening !

      Delete
  3. Love the Verbena hastata! I've been trying to find a spot for it in my garden...love those candelabra blooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far Scott, it seems to be tall and skinny (not as wide as bonariensis) sp very apt for the small footprint garden. 'course I just planted it last summer so time will tell.

      Delete
  4. I like your Eucomis. All we ever see around here anymore is 'Sparkling Burgundy'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found these in 4 in pots this spring, very reasonable. I've been wanting Eucomis for years ...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Arty Garden