Restoration in One Percent Land

Sometimes money can do good things. Pebble Beach , the ritzy golf-centric enclave on the central coast of California clearly has the funds to take care of the 5star environment , and do it well. It costs 9.75 to do the 17 mile drive-I did it twice in the space of three days. The stuff I saw was better than a 12 dollar movie or a 50 dollar ball game. As I drove I thought about living behind high walls  with Burma Shave  style signage touting the security system; huge houses with incredible views and big staffs. I'll take the view. That's all.



This rocky knoll is being restored with natives- signage politely asks you to stay off this environmentally sensitive area.








Our native Erigeron.. the only plant I could identify.




I snuck onto the golf course (Spyglass) and took this shot.



Another please-keep-off  area.



Pristine.


Comments

  1. Lovely, and nice to see some wild area--any wild area--being restored. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I would be happy with that view too :). Thank you for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely spot. Love the splashes of orange in the 'keep off' area.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Over the Top