In a Vase on Monday -Umbellifers

 I thought it might be fun to limit the flower choices to the umbells this week. I wish I had a nice spot outside to do these arrangements , but instead I make a big mess on my diminutive kitchen counter . At least it's close to the coffee.



 I like my result, but I can tell you that the Pulmonaria leaves lasted about an hour before they started to wilt.


  I used Achellia 'Moonshine' , Trachelium 'Hamer Panodora' (not open all the way so I am interested to see if it develops in the vase) Orlaya, Cenolophium denudatum and Angelica strica purpurea.


 The vase is Rumrill.


 Be sure to stop by Rambling in the Garden to find links for more floral offerings !

Comments

  1. I like an arrangement with a theme! Your vase collection is impressive. Trachelium is a plant I haven't grown in years now and, since I can't remember why that is or what happened to the plants I once had, I may have to find a place for some (before it gets too hot to plant anything).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Trachelium to be somewhat short lived Kris. Maybe thats' why you don't have it anymore. I have found after 2 or 3 years it gets woody and then inexplicably a section of the plant will just wilt and collapse. I cut back the wilty part, but usually replace the whole plant the next year. Kind of like Lavender-grow it for a few years and replace. And the vase thing ? I have a vase problem, lol. I could probably do IAVOM for almost a year without repeating one.

      Delete
  2. That's a great idea for a themed vase - you could have had a little cocktail unbrella as a prop!! Good for you to able to compare the different umbrella forms close up in your vase. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a theme is helpful , especially in June when just about everything is blooming ! I need direction !

      Delete
  3. A beautiful bunch of mounding flowers in a lovely blue vase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yarrow is in the Asteraceae family, although it does look like it belongs with the Apiaceae.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when you think about it, there are a lot of cultivars that are less double and the ray flower form is much more evident.

      Delete
  5. Well done! The arrangement and vase blend seamlessly into a delightful whole!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I hardly ever put anything in a vase although I have been known to stuff mason jars with flowers on occasion. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice arrangement! A garden without umbellifers is an incomplete garden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Arty Garden