In a Vase on Monday-Mendocino Headlands Edition

 On Saturday (my traditional vase building day) I was not at home , but instead happily installed in a small inn adjacent to the headlands on our north coast. I decided to take my clippers (always a pair in my car) and create a small vase of the wildflowers and grasses that carpet  fields along the bluffs.




 Sadly, the only things I can identify are the Briza maxima  and our native Achellia. I am going to try to find a guidebook to the grasses and wildflowers of this area -a place I visit at least twice a year- so that I am not so ignorant.


 Here are a few photos of the vase ingredients in situ.







  Thanks to Cathy at Rambling in the Garden for hosting this weekly floral fest !

Comments

  1. Well done, but it is that last photo that maketh my heart sing like Freddy Mercury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You’ve got me giggling at that one Hoov!

      Delete
  2. The arrangement looks great and very appropriate to Mendocino. The views are glorious! I hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Having a vase full of things you’ve collected when traveling adds another dimension to your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful arrangement and a magical setting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the concept and it's elegant and muted palette!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Arty Garden