Deannes' Bromiliads

 My friend Deanne began collecting Bromiliads a few years ago, and I can tell you she does not do things halfway. When I visited her splendid New Hampshire garden in August it was pretty clear that she has a gentle addiction going . Her artistic sensibilities  inform the design of her gardens: color palettes are just right, and  flow seamlessly from one area to another. My frankly undisciplined approach to plant shopping never seems to yield this type of cohesive result. Deanne has incorporated her Bromilaids into her borders and container groupings so that the color echoes shine..and here is my disclaimer-as I strolled around Deannes garden with my camera I never wrote down a single name--this is an anonymous Bromiliad post. Visit Deannes blog and you will most certainly get a better education.



















All of my photos of this one are out of focus, but I had to include it here anyway ..is this not outrageous ? 


Comments

  1. Oh Yes! That last one with the magenta stripes is magnificent. I love Bromeliads too, but have nowhere near as many. And I have no experience with them, so this winter will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison, they do very well in a bright west or southwest window or under lights over the winter. I only have to water mine every other week or so. Easy peasy, to take care of

      Delete
    2. Thanks Deanne! I have two west facing windows, but bright light here in winter is hard to come by in any window. Hopefully they'll do ok.

      Delete
    3. I have to say , I've never grown them-I think my climate is not quite right , though that hasn't stopped me before !

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully photographed Kathy! I'm an incurable collector. I so love the broms because the ease of culture really appeals to me. That last fabulous bromeliad is called a Cryptanthus "Elaine". The first one is a huge Neoregelia called 'Big Mac' and it is indeed 'big', it is currant flowering and will be throwing a few pups over the winter. One thing I love about bromeliads is that once you have one you'll have it forever if you take care of it and it's pups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for te ID in that pink number Deanne..wish I'd gotten a better photo-guess I'll have to come back !

      Delete
    2. Any time Kathy! We love visiting with you!

      Delete
  3. Ah, I see you snuck a Wendy's Pic of the Day in there. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While they're all lovely I think #2 is my fav. Bravo Kathy and Deanne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm partial to that one too Loree, the patterning is so exquisite..

      Delete
  5. Deanne's bromeliad collection is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous but that final one is incredible! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deanne and brom's were made for each other -- glad they got together!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Arty Garden