Delectable Succulent Containers at Sonoma Mission Gardens Nursery

 I was driving somewhat aimlessly around Sonoma County in search of a fall vineyard  photo opp, and it was pretty clear that the light was bad and I should have gone out an hour or two earlier. We are  expecting  some weather next week, so I have hopes for next weekend . Nevertheless , it can be fun to motor around wine country back roads early Sunday morning before the tourist traffic commences, making note of potential photo spots for another day. By 9am  was within a couple of miles of Sonoma Mission Gardens , a nursery I had not visited in a couple of years- besides I was at the end of a one week vacation and the awful truth was I had not visited a single garden center or bought a single plant . My god, how could  this be ? What was I thinking ? And I had left home without my plant list. Never  under any circumstances leave home without your plant list, for a garden center could be stumbled upon at any moment.

 It had been so long since I'd visited this particular nursery, I had forgotten about the hanging basket and container arrangements  that they create. As you can see, they are a little pricey, but they are all in nice containers and jammed with plants of generous size.   





You even get a few extra containers in the red wagon-these both had sold signs.








 Another wheelbarrow -this time with some character rocks.




 Sonoma Mission Gardens is in the Valley of the Moon , at 851 Craig  Ave on the outskirts of Sonoma. Even though it's the end of October they have nice selection of plants, annuals perennials grasses and  a large assortment of ferns and shade plants  in a well maintained nursery .


Comments

  1. Nice nursery indeed. Will check it out on my next trip to Sonoma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to make sure I visit again next summer.

      Delete
  2. You certainly found a nice place to stop! I love that planted wagon but expect I wouldn't have liked the price even if it wasn't already sold. I had a red wagon once - I wonder if my husband has it buried somewhere in "his" garage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could probably make the case that digging everything out of the red wagon would have put you ahead $$ wise.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! This just screams summer to me, something I'm very much missing as I put away my succulents for the wet season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is put to bed here yet--we have 5 days of intermittent rain coming up with no frost in sight .

      Delete
  4. The containers may be a bit pricey but the ideas are abundant and free! Like Loree, I've put away most of my succulents for the winter and seeing all of these outside is like a breath of fresh air. Looks like a swell nursery. Did you take anything home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought two plants Peter..isn't that pathetic ??

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Arty Garden