September Bloomday

Taken in haste between wind gusts , my Bloomday offering this month highlights the bright spots in the untidy, floppy and mid-renovation garden. My shovel has been active in September as I continue upending plants which no longer please me, or play the roll they were cast in.


I typically don't plant sunflowers , not enough room for the big-uns . This year an extreme mid-summer cut back to Cecile Bruner to allow for an infrastructure repair opened a sunny spot in one of my Hateful Areas  where this volunteer popped up.



The Fuchsias are all blooming nicely, and our relatively cool summer  has kept them looking fresh. Winston Churchill here.



 Though not winter hardy for me , Salvia 'Wendys Wish' is purchased every spring as soon as she makes her appearance at the garden center.


 All of the many Oreganos I own are blooming, but I can only offer a photo of Oreganum dictamnus 'Dittany of Crete'.



 Gomphrena 'Fireworks' survived the winter here and has bloomed all summer.


Here is it's next door neighbor Caryopteris incanum, faded somewhat from it's deep blue-violet peak.



  Be sure to wander over to May Dreams , where Carol hosts our monthly bloom fest.

Comments

  1. It's all lovely Kathy, that Gomphrena 'Fireworks' is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planted Wendy's Wish for the first time this year, and I love it! That sunflower volunteer is quite magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab photos Kathy, I'm glad you managed to take some photos in between the gusts of wind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I originally read "All of the many Oreganos I own are blooming" as "All of the many Oregonians I own are blooming"...kind of puts a different spin on things that way doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I'd planted Gomphrena this year - too late now but definitely goes on my list for next year's summer garden. Seeing your neighbor's Caryopteris makes me think I really should try it again - surely it should appreciate all the sun this garden has to offer. I hope the renovations are going well! It must be cooler up there than it is here if you're working full-bore in the garden - it's so hot here even in early morning and late afternoon, I've temporarily thrown up my garden gloves in surrender.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!
    Though I am a little late, Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great flowers this bloom day! Gomphrena 'Fireworks' is going on my list for next season; it's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found a 'Fireworks' Gomphrena this year and it has been blooming since May, non-stop. I'd love it if wintered over like yours. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Arty Garden