Banksia

 Shrub-ish or tree-ish, Banksias are beautiful and striking, and regrettably a Sunset zone or 2 removed from my  growing conditions. A member of the Proteaceae family , Banksias are evergreen , native to Australia and way way cool.

 This is Banksia marginata, and according to my faithful Botanica is highly variable in it's growth habits, depending on the site.

  

Banksia integrifolia. I love the grey reverse on these leaves...






These photos were taken at Berkeley Botanical Garden .

Comments

  1. God what I wouldn't give to grow Banksia! I went to a Hardy Plant Society of Oregon seminar this afternoon, Flora Grubb was one of the speakers. She included a fabulous picture of Leucadendrons and then actually said "ha, I be you wish you could grow these"...YES! Yes I do!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Maine Botanical..The Childrens Garden

A New Focal Point !

Over the Top