Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kendall Jackson

Nice wine, attractive tasting room, friendly staff.. but I gravitate out to the garden. This was my 3rd visit this year, and I loved the bittersweet beauty of the decay - the annual flowers and vegetables were being allowed to go out gracefully in-situ, waving their hankies as they decline; the horticultural manifestation of  Blanche Du Bois.  The grasses, salvias  and sub-tropicals were robust- at peak performance, a full month before the first killing frost.




I liked the banana -grapevine combo. Not something I would have thought of, but very medit-centric I think.



Coolness- fall Salvias , a bit of the foliage action, and the grasses steal the scene.

2 comments:

  1. It looks tropical from my point of view! Things are caged and mounded here. It is blustery and wet and there's ice in the rain barrels. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had ice in the bird baths this morning Marie! My wimpy version of winter...

    ReplyDelete